Despite this, there are a few spare slots that I’d like to fill with other folk who are as excited about a Flex, AIR and Professional AS3 conference as I am. So if you think you might fit the bill, and can come up with an hour’s worth of material, please get in contact with me. You never know, you may well be speaking at the first ever Flash Unplugged conference! To help you decide if you might be suitable, the critera are:
- Experience. Ideally you will have spoken at a user group or conference before. It would really be helpful if you could direct me to an online video of one or more of your talks.
- Who are you? Please include a bio, photo and – most importantly – your name 🙂
- Subject matter. The topics I’d like the conference to cover are broadly split into three areas: Flex, AIR and Professional AS3. The sort of topics I have in mind are:
- Flex: Migrating from Flex 3 to Flex 4/4.5; Flex 4 skinning; Flex 4 component lifecycle; building custom Flex components; What’s new in Flex 4.5; alternatives to Flex and the like.
- AIR: Targeting iOS; targeting Android; targeting RIM’s Playbook; mobile AIR in general; AIR 2+ for desktop; SQLite; custom installers and so forth.
- Professional AS3: TDD; ASDoc; clean coding; refactoring; IDEs etc.
The more details about the subject of your proposed talk, the better. An important point is that the talks are in no way limited to the above. I already have a couple of talks unrelated to any of the above lined up. Hopefully they will simply give you an idea of the sort of talks I’m after.
If you are still interested, please send the above details to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.